Frost Bank was having trouble attracting enough qualified job applicants.
Frost Bank's interview process, as well as their onboarding program for new-hires, needed an overhaul. Specifically we identified that Frost lacked:
- Designated hiring teams. There was no staff member specifically trained in how to interview candidates.
- Effective candidate questioning. Frost was not asking applicants the right questions, nor were they asking questions consistently of all candidates.
- A system for evaluating the best candidates. Frost needed to be more selective in the candidates they interviewed and hired.
After extensive research, I developed a two-day process to hire new employees. This includes:
- Day 1: The hiring manager and a senior person from the hiring team assess the skills that are needed for the position.
- Day 2: The collaborative team interviews candidates to look for the soft skills the job requires.